Sunday, January 9, 2011

"It is the glory of the believer to acknowledge Christ the ALPHA and the OMEGA, and the ALL of his spiritual life."

Christ, might he [the Apostle Paul] say, is the ALPHA and OMEGA of my life, the beginning and the end of it; the author and finisher of it; Christ is the principle of my life, from whom I live; Christ is the pattern of my life, according to whose example I live; Christ is the giver of my life, the maintainer of my life, the restorer of my life; after decays, he restores my soul, and makes me to walk in the paths of righteousness, for his name's sake: Christ is the food of my life; I would die, if he did not feed me with his flesh and blood, which is living bread and water to me: Christ is the medicine of my life; it is by renewed touches of the hem of his garment, and renewed application to him, that my soul is healed: for, there is healing under the wings of this Sun of righteousness: Christ is the ALL of my life: "For to me to live is Christ;" he is my light, my strength, my righteousness. It is the glory of the believer to acknowledge Christ the ALPHA and the OMEGA, and the ALL of his spiritual life.

—Ralph Erskine